There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, A New Life

Recently I have found myself pondering and dwelling on God's words when it comes to salvation, and redemption. So many times in our church lives we hear of sin, sin, sin, and how we are so broken. I want to know what redemption really feels like.

I want to know what reality is.

This life I know is not real, it is not reality, this is something created by our brains, attacked by demons, and influenced by the world.

I want God's life to reign in me to realize that my sins are gone, that they aren't remembered.

Along those lines, how awesome is God, this was my devotion over the last few days.

Hebrews 8:10-12

10 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people. 11 No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying "Know the Lord," because they will all know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

The the first thing I read in 2010 was this, thank you Lord for this.

Deuteronomy 26:16-19

16 "The Lord your God commands you this day to follow these decrees and laws; carefully observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. 17 You have declared this day that the Lord is your God and that you will walk in his ways, that you will keep his decrees, commands and laws, and that you will obey him. 18 And the Lord has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands. 19 He has declared that he will set you in praise, fame and honor high above all the nations he has made and that you will be a people holy to the Lord your God as he promised."


So, as I begin 2010 God has told me it doesn't matter what they preach in Church, listen to me and I will speak to your heart, and you will be comforted. No that we are not to listen in Church, but when all our lives we have heard of the downfall of our sin, God does speak that he does not care about them, he loves us. He gave it all up for us to just come home, so in 2010 why don't we just come home? Why don't we just ask God and have the faith to listen?

There is a reality, and that is love beyond our wildest dreams. There is something more than this life. If we just confess and give up and call God how quickly He will rush to pick us up, all he is waiting for is us to say Help. The law was never made for us to uphold but to realize we can not live on our own. But now reality sets in, with redemption is the complete removal of our sins, we are claimed by God, and no demons, no sin, nothing can ever take us away.
blog comments powered by Disqus